Sunday, January 11, 2009

If you had $100 to spend

If I had a hundred dollars to spend in my current situation I would want to use it to pay off bills. Spending money specifically on fun things makes me feel guilty all the time I mean ALL THE TIME. Karl hates it when we go grocery shopping because I always ask him if he really needs the name brand, yes I will admit name brand tastes better, but I have resigned myself to store brand things because I can use my money for other things that lasts longer than food. This argument works on everything food related except for dr pepper and chocolate, don't get me started. Anyway so we were given $100 to spend but it had to be on something fun. We did go out to Jimmy Mac's last night and it was nice to see our friends and I explained the situation and how nice it was for the person to think of us and give us the money, but it was still hard for me to justify spending the money on something fun. It was Sunny's birthday so Debbie, my bestest sister, watched Tyler while we went out. After dinner we all decided to go to walmart, to find something fun. Well it didn't serve the whole purpose, but Karl and I did enjoy spending time together, we bought a new scale, hopefully this will jump start me on my diet, which starts tomorrow. The only sad thing is is the scale I was using at home before was 20 lbs off. This makes me very sad.I am starting off higher than I thought I was and it makes buying more clothes more difficult.
Thanks for reading my rambling, thanks to you for the $100. We loved the time we got to spend with my friends.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You know what's funny? When I don't have money I always find things I want. When I do have money, I can never find anything! It's crazy! Oh well, best to just not have money, right?...