Tuesday, October 6, 2009

APPLESAUCE!!!!

This last weekend my sister and mom made my grandma's applesauce. It was so time consuming and exhausting but it was so worth it. We ended up with 30 jars of applesauce and I still wanted more. Karl is happy that I finally used the equiptment that he bought me a few years ago. I just never had the space to can and now I am still itching to make more.
I made applesauce with my grandparents a few years ago and when I came back with my load everyone in my family wanted some. Don't worry I shared, but now my mom and sister know how to make it so everyone can make as much as they want. Thank you Debbie, Mom and my beautiful nieces for making the sauce with me!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Sounds delicious!! I've never made it but my mom does pretty often and gives us all some. It's really good.

Elizabeth said...

Yummy! Way to be domestic! ;) We've been canning too...pickles, beets, peaches, pears. Maybe we should do a swap, ;)

twiddyfam said...

Maybe next summer we could can Strawberry Jam...whatch think?

Jena said...

yum dude! Sounds like you've been super busy...and your smile looks great! I hope your mouth still doesn't hurt! :)

Aimee said...

that would be cool to try to make strawberry jam next year!!!