Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 11, 2001

Eight years ago today I entered the MTC. It was the
scariest, most exciting time of my life. Up until this point I had family and friends surrounding me and I knew that I was loved by them. On April 9 I flew out to SLC and met my friend Amy Dopp whom I had met at the Auburn Singles Ward when her and her family lived up here. We went to SLC and went to the temple there to do a session and then wandered around Temple Square. We went to the screening of the Testaments, it was a Book of Mormon movie and it was a depiction of the life of the people in the BoM during the time of Christ and after he died and was resurrected. It was wonderful. In Utah when you go on your mission Sizzler gives you one meal for free, so we ate there.
I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the oppurtunity to serve my mission. I am a better mother, wife, sister and friend because of the time I spent on my mission. I was not perfect by ANY means and I am still continuing to try to be a better person.
I remember when I was in the MTC, I wanted to be around my MTC district forever. I thought that it wasn't fair that we didn't have MTC reunions, only on the mission. My companion in the MTC was Sis. Harvey and she was from Toole, UT.
Most of my companions were from Utah with the exception of Sis Kartchner, who was from St. David, Az and Sis Oyunchimeg who was from Mongolia. I served in Fayettville, AR, Branson, Missouri, and Henryetta and Grove ,OK. I served in every state that was possible for a sister to serve in. It was the best time of my life.
This morning I got up and went to the Temple. I was supposed to go with Garnet and her hubby but they slept in. It was WONDERFUL!!!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so cool you went today to remember the time you went before your mission. It's a good anniversary to remember.

Jena said...

I love this picture of the temple! I miss that temple...Aimee, thanks for being such a great example to me...I remember before I went on my mission how supportive and loving you were! Let's keep in touch (even if blogging isn't a good as in person, it's better than nothing!) :)