Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lots of Changes

Karl is planning on going back to school...I am so proud of him. I think that there will be an excitement of what will be in store for him, but I am very excited that he is doing this. There has been alot of thought and now action to get things going for him. I know he is nervous and it is scary, but he will be able to get through this.
As I try many times I am trying to lose weight. It hit me alot in this last year, because I would have separate expectations for Ty than for me when it came to what snacks he could have and how much I would regulate for him. Then I found myself excited for him to go to bed so I could indulge in that sinful snack. I was going back down that slippery slop of hoarding, like I did before. Some things that I have done in the past that have helped immensly is:

  • Portion out ALL snacks. 25 crackers means 25 crackers in a ziploc baggy
  • workout every day, even if its just stretching and doing little stuff here and there...IT adds up
  • no food after 8:30...I gotta work on that one
  • having a specific time to eat snacks during the day

There are more, but I need to get a little boy up for the day...Take care and good luck on all the things that are going on with you and your familiy!!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Losing weight is hard! I'm so excited for your family and the positive changes happening!!